Phentermine is a Schedule IV class of drug, which works amazingly wellfor weight loss. It works as a good supplement for aiding weight loss, when it is consumedwith good nutritious diet and exercise regime. In today’s world, where most people are performing desk jobs, a good cardio exercise for three times a week, does not seem enough. Food with most of the saturated fats and trans-fats in them, are becoming unavoidable. There is a dire need to curb the appetite and escape from the feelings of hunger pangs. Thus, miracle medicines like Phentermine can be used to work on our brains.
What is Phentermine Pill?
The Phentermine pill was first developed in 1959 and in 1997 was withdrawn from the class of drugs. However, in 2012, it was approved by FDA (food and Drug Administration) as a Schedule IV drug. The drugs have been classified into five classes. Schedule IV means that the drug can be used for medicinal purpose, it does not cause a user dependant on it and it has less potential for abuse. It is sold online with the brand names such as Adipex, PhenQ etc. Although, it has been found safe to use, it requires a physician prescription in order to purchase it. It is recommended not be purchased orally without doctor consult. It is also imperative that one must have a Dr prescription in order to buy the drug. Since, this drug acts on nervous system; it should be taken with care.
It suppresses appetite and hunger, thereby reducing calorie intake of the body. As a result, the user tends to eat less and does not gain more calories.
Reasons for intake under Doctor Supervision:
Whenconsumed extensively, over a long period of time, may produce side-effect. Thus, for safe and efficient usage, it is recommended to be used under physician supervision and with prescription only. A few side-effects which can be caused are listed below:
- Gastro-intestinal problems: The issues such as stomach burns, nausea, dehydration or stomach upset might be caused, since it affects the regular diet of the human body.
- Rare cases of Hyper-tension: Since, this pill works on the gland which is located in the brain; it might cause hyper-tension or anxiety.
- Cardio-Vascular Diseases: Long term usage of this pill must be avoided, because it might cause high blood pressure and heaviness in breathing. In rare cases, over dosage might affect the valves of the heart.
- To be avoided by people with diabetes or other medications: People who are on insulin intake for diabetes or thyroid medications must definitely avoid consumption of these pills. There are chances of chemical imbalance. The chemical compounds in this pill, might react with chemical components of other medicines and may cause stress on the liver and kidneys.
- Insomnia: In the initial stages of consumption of this pill, it might lead to insomnia, thus causing agitated behaviour or dis-interest in sexual activity. Thus, user may try consuming it in the early hours of the day, after breakfast.